I recently got a job at a not-so-fast-food food place. It’s my first job in the restaurant business and it has been an interesting experience and I have gained some new insight. When going to restaurants, whether fast food or sit down, or even when shopping I have found myself thinking about how slow the service is, how easy it should be to get an order right, how rude, unhelpful, or unavailable some of the employees can be, and the list goes on. Now I’m on the other side of things and have made some generalizations.
1) Sometimes people are just learning and won’t be a pro. Other times people just make mistakes.
2) If you want fresh food, made fresh, you will have to wait for it to be made. That might take a couple seconds.
3) People will find the littlest things to complain about and some will do so in hopes of getting a free meal.
4) Some people are naturally rude and their day’s mission is to make you feel inadequate.
5) People are in a hurry and it causes them to throw etiquette and manners out the window.